Open for business February 1, 1946 in downtown Los Angeles, LeBard & Underwood, Inc. was founded by Aub LeBard and his partner Jim Underwood. Following WWII, The partners set out to provide fellow motorcycle enthusiast with a dealership where they could purchase with complete confidence, get needed parts, and receive professional service. The location was an instant hit and quickly became the bench racing location of choice for southern California.
It was the beginning of what we now call "motorcycle dealerships" a place where one could purchase new bikes, get parts, and have service done by experienced personnel.
Entering the millennium, LeBard & Underwood, Inc. is one of California's largest and most sophisticated full-service, power sports vehicle dealer and is well respected as the source for anyone seeking the fun and exhilaration motorcycle, ATV, scooter, and personal watercraft ownership as well as for those seeking reliable power equipment.
Built by motorcycle racers, LeBard & Underwood's long heritage reaches back to 1914 when Jim Underwood entered his first race, accelerated Aub LeBrad's three consecutive national Hare and Hound championships and dominance of the legendary Big Bear race, and remains at full throttle today.